This Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) on dementia draws on information from a range of sources, including national and local data, audit, policy and research, to provide a comprehensive picture and evidence base about the local population to inform commissioning intentions. The JSNA takes account of national and local policy on dementia, the North West London strategic approach to dementia, guidance and evidence.
- Draws together the strategic drivers from central and local government
- Describes the local picture of need and models future trajectories to enable forward planning
- Sets out the current pathways and services for people with dementia and their carers including diagnosis, treatment and post –diagnostic support
- Identifies the gaps in service provision for local residents and their carers
- Reviews guidance and evidence to inform best practice locally
- Makes recommendations to inform commissioning across the boroughs and meet likely future needs.